Gastonia Construction Lawyers
At the law office of MHC, our experienced construction industry lawyers care about the construction industry and those who comprise it, and we are passionate about providing top-notch legal services to our construction industry clients. Please reach out to our team by phone or online today to learn how we can help you.
Our Clients in the Construction Industry
Our lawyers work with clients in the construction industry who serve in a number of different roles. To be sure, our clients include:
- Construction company owners;
- Property owners;
- Construction managers;
- General contractors;
We work with clients throughout the states of North Carolina and South Carolina. If you have a construction-related issue, our construction industry law firm can provide you with legal advice and guidance.
Our Construction Industry Practice Areas
Our law firm is confident in its ability to provide you with comprehensive, reliable legal services in regard to a wide range of construction industry issues. Some of our construction industry practice areas include, but are not limited to:
- Contract drafting and review. Regardless of your role or title within the construction industry, contracts will no doubt be a big part of your job and the work that you perform. Indeed, contracts are what make the world go ‘round – any work that is performed and any products that are purchased are the result of a contract. Our lawyers are skilled contract attorneys who can draft, negotiate, and review any contracts that you or your business enter into.
- Project planning. Planning a construction project is about more than blueprints and architecture; zoning, permitting, and compliance with regulations are also key, too. Our lawyers provide comprehensive project planning services for construction companies and other parties.
- Payment disputes and collections.In the majority of cases, services or products are performed in exchange for payment. But payments aren’t always made in full, on time, or at all in some cases. If you have a payment or collections dispute, our lawyers can make sure that your best interests are protected.
- Mechanics’ liens.A mechanic’s lien refers to a type of legal document that protects the rights of a contractor to recover any unpaid compensation. In other words, if a contractor performs services but is not paid for those services, they may file a mechanic’s lien against the property where service was performed. We can represent you in filing a mechanic’s lien, or in defending yourself against any mechanics’ liens against your property.
- Compliance with regulations.Construction parties must operate in compliance with a number of local, state, and federal regulations and rules, including those established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), local zoning laws, and more. Our law firm is highly knowledgeable in the myriad of regulations that apply to the construction industry and are here to help ensure compliance and legal operations.
- Dispute resolution.When disputes arise in the construction industry, it is important that they are resolved quickly – disputes that are drawn out often become more contentious and, if not resolved through alternative dispute resolution tactics, can become extremely costly for all parties involved. We offer services for alternative dispute resolution, including representation during mediation and arbitration, as well as in-court, litigation representation.
- Employment and labor issues.Construction industry businesses are required to comply with many employment and labor laws. We will help your business to ensure that it is in compliance with all requirements, including OSHA laws, workers’ compensation laws, wage and hour laws, etc., and also represent you in the event of a dispute or claim.
Schedule a Consultation Now
If you have questions about our construction industry legal services and how our law firm can be of assistance, please reach out to us directly today or send us a message explaining how we can be of service.