The retail industry isn’t just extremely competitive; it’s one that demands attention to detail in everything from employee management to contract formation and more. At the law offices of MHC, our experienced retail industry lawyers have been responding rapidly to the challenges faced by our retail partners, as well as the changes in the industry, for years. Whether your retail company is restructuring, entering into new contracts, forming partnerships, navigating various workforce and employment issues, or dealing with civil liability concerns, our law firm can help. Reach out to our retail industry lawyers today for general attorney advice or for representation regarding a specific opportunity or legal concern.
Our Retail Industry Practice Areas
MHC Law is a full-service law firm that provides a wide range of legal services to our retail industry partners. To be sure, our retail industry practice areas include:
- Litigation defense. One of the most important services that we provide to our retail industry clients is that of litigation defense. If your retail business is named in a lawsuit, regardless of the details of that lawsuit or by whom it is being brought, you need a reputable attorney with litigation defense experience on your side. Litigation can be extremely costly for retail businesses, and you have a lot on the line to lose. Choose a law firm with a reputation of success in alternative dispute resolutions and in the courtroom.
- Corporate governance. Corporations in the retail industry are controlled and operated by a number of regulations, systems, and processes. Typically, such regulations pertain to a board of directors, managers, shareholders, and other stakeholders. Our law firm provides comprehensive corporate governance legal services that are designed to help your business run as smoothly as possible.
- Environmental and land-use issues. Businesses are often faced with questions of environmental and land-use issues, especially as they pertain to an expansion or development project. Our lawyers are adept in environmental laws, land use and zoning laws, landlord-tenant matters, permitting laws, and more, and can help to ensure that you’re operating in compliance with any laws.
- Employment and labor issues. The vast majority of retail businesses hire employees. We provide representation for a wide range of employment and labor law issues, including employee hiring, employment handbook and management services, wage and hour issues, workers’ compensation, and both representation in the event of any complaint or dispute.
- Real estate. For retail business operating out of a physical space, the issue of real estate is very important. Our lawyers can represent you in regards to any real estate acquisitions, land use agreements, commercial leases, landlord-tenant issues, development, construction complaints, contract formation, and more.
- Regulations & Insurance Issues. Retail businesses are subject to a number of regulations, often internally and at the local, state, and federal level. It is critical that you understand those regulations and insurance requirements and how to operate lawfully within them.
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Finally, over the years, your retail industry business may decide to merge with another, acquire another, or you may even choose to dissolve the business for personal or financial reasons. For exit planning strategies and representation during any mergers or acquisitions, reach out to our skilled retail industry lawyers directly.
In addition to the above, we also handle franchise matters, privacy and intellectual property concerns, contracts, and more.
Who We Work With
We work with retail businesses of all types, including:
- Specialty retailers;
- Fitness centers;
- Shopping centers;
- Variety stores;
- Apparel retailers;
- Grocery stores; and
We Have the Experience You Deserve
Our retail industry lawyers have decades of combined legal experience and are passionate about what we do. We have received national recognition for our legal services, and are proud to serve businesses in the states of both North Carolina and South Carolina. To learn more about our legal services and how we can represent you, please call our law firm directly today or use the intake form on our website to send us a message.